Studio & Executive Assistant
The Studio & Executive Assistant has responsibilities across Operations & Administration at Bruce Mau Design. This role ensures that BMD is running smoothly across the studio; for its executives and employees. You are the heart of BMD and work behind the scenes to make this a great place to be. Internally and externally you are presenting the studio and our business in a professional and friendly manner. This is a fantastic opportunity for a recent University graduate keen to learn everything there is to know about running a world class design agency. If you have a hands-on & dig-in attitude with a contagious energy – you will be a great addition to our team
- Represent BMD by being the first point of contact and front line of the organization at Reception; welcoming clients and guests, answering the main phone line, etc.
- Field, gate-keep and direct external inquiries to the appropriate people in the studio; New Business, PR & Marketing, HR, Finance, etc.
- Coordinate vendors, mail, couriers & FedEx
- Maintain a tidy, high functioning and welcoming studio (including ordering and replenishing supplies, snacks, amenities, etc.); coordination as needed with property management and building maintenance
- Manage Nexonia travel program and coordinate all Executive travel
- Weekly timesheet coordination
- Manage the company credit card; purchasing, tracking and expensing
- Coordinate travel cash and travel packs as needed
- Assist Finance with AP / AR, data entry, etc.
- Banking responsibilities; depositing cheques, managing petty and travel cash
- Provide administrative support to the Partners; scheduling & calendar management, travel & meeting coordination.
- Manage expenses for the Partners
- Book and plan internal and client meetings as requested
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Assist HR with special projects as needed
- Assist HR with the On boarding & Off boarding experience
- Plan and organize internal events; F@4, Lecture Series / Guest Speakers, Lunch ‘n’ Learns, Holiday Party, Summer Party, Birthdays, Group events, etc.
- Pro-actively ensure the day-to-day operations and enjoyment of BMD’rs is maximized
- Behave in a professional and friendly manner
- Entry level position: 0-2 years’ experience
- An outgoing personality who is able to interact with a wide range of individuals within the business and creative world and maintain a positive and professional attitude
- A polished and professional level of personal presentation
- An excellent and diplomatic communicator with a high level of awareness
- A highly organized and proactive self-starter, eager to learn all aspects of a creative business
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to work with highly sensitive and confidential matters
- Excellent computer skills, particularly within MS Office; previous experience with an ERP is a great asset
- A keen desire to be learn best business and agency practices in all areas; operations, finance and HR
- Ability to perform and comfortable with basic finance & accounting principles
All candidates must include a CV - applications will be accepted at; firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note “Studio & Executive Assistant” in the subject heading. We thank all candidates for their interest; should we wish to speak further we will contact you directly!