Job Title: Finance Manager
Job Status: Full- Time Maternity Leave Contract (7 months September 2021 – March 2022)
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Reporting to: Director of Finance
Role: Overseeing Financial Reporting, Client Finance, Forecasting, and Business Operations within a creative agency, with a mandate to support the Executive team to help them to run the business effectively and efficiently. You will be financially minded yet have the ability to think outside of the numbers and wear multiple hats. Most importantly, you will be able to balance the need for financial and operational vigour with the need to remain flexible in a client-focused, dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Reporting into the Director of Finance, you will support the Executive Team to ensure the agency is run efficiently and profitably, with a continuous focus on improvement, to drive sustainable growth and long-term success.
- Manage day to day financial operations of the business with the support of the Finance Team (AR, AP, Timesheets, expenses, banking, taxes etc.)
- Manage the end-to-end accounting and financial reporting process, supported by a Senior Financial Accountant.
- Work with the account teams monthly to ensure accurate revenue reporting and adequate documentation. Solid understanding of revenue recognition principle is required (US GAAP).
- As part of a publicly held company, ensure compliance with parent company policies and procedures, and adhere to monthly timelines.
- Prepare and present monthly financial results to the executive team.
Client Finance and revenue reporting:
- Manage profitability analysis tools and reporting mechanisms to ensure full visibility of client performance to the executive, new business, and account teams.
- Review and approve client fee estimates, scopes of work and staff plans submitted by new business or account teams.
- Work with the account teams weekly to create revenue forecasts and adjust as needed. Report numbers to the executive and account service team on a weekly basis.
Budget and reforecasting:
- Provide support on the annual and quarterly budgeting and forecasting.
- Monitor revenue and expenses on an ongoing basis, keeping forecast updated to inform executives on the status of the business.
- Approve non-billable expenses and ad hoc business expenses to ensure overall studio costs are within budget.
General business operations:
- Provide executives and account service teams with support and visibility into team capacity and utilization by preparing monthly utilization reports.
- Work with HR and Accounts team to bring on full-time and freelance staff when necessary.
- Liaise with parent company on any financial requests.
Skills and experience:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation (preferred), with 3-5 years’ post qualification experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or related (essential).
- Experience in a creative agency is essential.
- Strong understanding of the financial side of running a business is mandatory.
- Proficient in MS Excel and ability to quickly learn new accounting software.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of staff.
- Ability to lead and take initiative in ambiguous situations, strong problem-solving skills required.
- Proactive, organized, forward-thinking, with a passion for continuous improvement.
Our studio fosters an inclusive and diverse team. We encourage qualified candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, and persons with disabilities to submit their application.
Reach out with the Subject: “Finance Manager” to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; should we wish to speak further we will contact you directly.