- About Us
Contact Bruce Mau Design
+1 416 306 6401
+1 416 306 6435
BMD New York
711 3rd Avenue, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10017
View Map >
The Brassworks 32 York Way
London N1 9AB
View Map >
340 King Street East
Toronto, Ontario M5A 1K8
View Map >
Senior Finance Manager
Job Title: Senior Finance Manager
Job Status: Full-Time Permanent
Location: Toronto Studio
Reporting to: CEO
Role: Overseeing Financial Reporting, Forecasting, and Business Operations within a creative agency, with a mandate to support the Executive team to help them to effectively and efficiently run the business. You will be financially minded yet have the ability to think outside of the numbers and wear multiple hats. Most importantly, you will be able to balance the need for financial and operational vigour with the need to remain flexible in a client-focused, dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Reporting directly into the CEO, and accountable to the CFO, you will be the “go to” for all finance matters and will support the CEO, CFO and Managing Director to ensure the agency is run efficiently and profitably, with a continuous focus on improvement, to drive sustainable growth and long-term success.
- Business Performance. Ensure full transparency about the performance of the business, propose action plans to ensure the strategic and financial goals of the business are achieved, and execute those action plans in partnership with the management team. Provide ongoing updates on progress as well as a monthly dashboard on key metrics.
- Revenue and Expense Management. Partner with account teams to create revenue projections, meet weekly with the teams to make adjustments as needed, and report revenue numbers to the finance team. Solid understanding of revenue recognition principle is required. Approve travel requests, non-billable expenses, senior team expense reports, and adhoc business expenses to ensure overall studio costs are within budget.
- Financial Reporting. Manage the end-to-end accounting and financial reporting process, supported by a Junior Accountant. As part of a publicly held company, ensure compliance with parent company policies and procedures.
- Planning & Analysis. Support CEO, CFO, and Managing Director in establishing targets for sales, revenue, and profitability. Provide input and analysis of business operations to assist in the development of annual and quarterly budgets and forecasts.
- Client Profitability Reporting. Manage profitability analysis tools and reporting mechanisms to ensure full visibility of client performance to the executive, new business, and client teams. Monitor project budgets and labour costs and provide reporting and analysis to client teams to allow them to react proactively to scope creep or over-budget issues.
- Resource Management. Provide Managing Director and Account Service teams with support and visibility into team capacity and utilization. Work with the team to ensure the agency is balancing resources with project work. Partner with HR to bring on full-time and freelance staff.
- Process Improvement. Develop insights of the state of the business, and then present executive leadership with recommendations for improvement.
- Business Operations. Work closely with the Executive team to support business operations by reviewing client and vendor contracts, assisting new business team to price deals, and assisting with RFP’s.
- Parent Company Liaison. Act as the liaison between the agency and the agency’s parent company’s support services (procurement, legal, HR, business controls, real estate). Be the primary contact for parent company requests.
- 5-7 years experience in a business and finance role
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or MBA
- Strong understanding of the financial side of running a business is mandatory
- Experience in a creative agency strongly preferred, but not mandatory
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Ability to wear multiple hats and support Executives in decision-making, always considering financial impact to business
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of staff
- Ability to lead and take initiative in ambiguous situations
- Proactive, organized, forward-thinking, with a passion for continuous improvement
CV’s and cover letters should be directed to email@example.com
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.