- About Us
Contact Bruce Mau Design
+1 416 306 6401
+1 416 306 6435
BMD New York
745 5th Ave, 19th Floor
New York, NY 10022
View Map >
The Brassworks 32 York Way
London N1 9AB
View Map >
340 King Street East
Toronto, Ontario M5A 1K8
View Map >
Job Title: Design Director
Location: Toronto Studio
Role: Work closely with the Creative Director to provide design leadership and inspiration for the studio and clients through strategically-driven, world-class creative work across a diverse range of global clients and project types.
- Lead the creative design of mid- to large-scale projects across all stages of the process in collaboration with the Creative Director.
- Be a leading voice and creative driver on the design team, providing expertise, collaboration and direction.
- Be deeply involved with strategy, writing, proposals, plans, pitches, and, design
- Translate insights into ambitious and strategic solutions for clients.
- Build narratives and presentations to effectively and persuasively communicate design solutions.
- Provide hands-on leadership and direct multidisciplinary teams, ensuring consistent and high-quality work.
- Effectively manage project scopes in collaboration with Account Director and/or Account Managers to meet established client deadlines and expectations.
- Foster ideas and actively encourage and demonstrate collaboration within the studio environment and with clients.
- Develop new and organic business opportunities with Account Directors and Creative Directors.
- Lead working sessions, initiatives and presentations to client groups and the whole studio.
- Represent the studio in dealings with high-level current and potential clients.
- A design degree (architecture, fine art, communications, graphic design, industrial design, or a related field).
- Exceptional design and production expertise in one or more fields. Motion, video, UI/UX experience are a plus, though not required.
- Experience leading research, strategy, and proven ability to translate insights into design executions.
- Experience managing and mentoring a team of designers across diverse projects.
- Strong verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate concepts and ideas to design staff, leadership, and clients in presentations and workshops.
Please apply by responding to email@example.com and attach your CV, portfolio and cover letter with Design Director TO in the subject line. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please.